Monday, March 9, 2015

Banana Cream Pie Milkshake

Back in November, we headed South after work one Friday night.  We drove for 6 hours through the flat, empty, sagebrush-filled land of central Utah and made it to the desert in time to set up our tent under the moonlight, then promptly fall asleep.

We climbed some rocks, we slept on the ground and then there was also that one moment where I had a panic attack at the top of a climb because suddenly it was just too hot.

Sometimes this happens to me and usually it's because it's hot and I'm tired and thirsty and mostly I think it's because I don't have enough calories.

It's embarrassing.
If I was smart, I would figure out how to always have a milkshake on hand.  That would solve the hot, thirsty and calorie-depletion problems.  Still working on it though.

End of that particular panic attack did end in a milkshake though.  One of the best milkshakes I've ever had.  It was at this little 'diner' in a strip mall and we were the youngest people in there by over 40 years, but when they said they'd put Nilla Wafers, bananas and whipped cream in my milkshake, I was sold.

Since it's a 6 hour drive through that sage brush, I figured I'd need to just make my own at home though.

BANANA CREAM PIE MILKSHAKE
4 scoops vanilla ice cream
1/4-1/2 c. milk
1 banana
5 Nilla Wafers
whipped cream

1.  In a blender or milkshake machine, blend ice cream, milk, banana and Nilla Wafers until it reaches the desired consistency.  Adjust the amount of milk you use depending on how thick you like your milkshakes.

2.  Top with whipped cream, banana slices and a Nilla Wafer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips