Friday, April 10, 2015

Happy Hour: Blackcurrant Vodka Lemonade

Normally, looking at my calendar for the week is oddly relaxing.  I like to know exactly what I need to do and where I need to be - but these days, it's just too crowded.

The rest of the month isn't looking any better.  Neither is May.
Actually, I don't have a free day or weekend until our honeymoon at the end May.  At least it will make me appreciate that time off even more...right?

I don't really like to suggest that you need a drink to unwind or to take a break from your hectic, busy life, 'cause you don't.  But a cold, fresh, blackcurrant lemonade with a splash of vodka...well, it can't hurt.
BLACKCURRANT VODKA LEMONADE
1 1/2 oz. citron vodka
1 oz. creme de cassis (blackcurrant liqueur)
2 oz. fresh squeezed lemon juice
lemon slices for garnish

1.  In a rocks glass, combine vodka, creme de cassis and lemon juice.  Add ice and garnish with lemon slices.

3 comments:

  1. This is a terrible recipe, it comes out far darker than the picture, the amount of lemon juice just makes it a sour mess with a blackcurrant finish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry you didn't like it. I'm not sure what would account for yours turning out much darker than mine did - perhaps the brand of creme de cassis? You may try adding more vodka next time to cut some of the sourness...but totally understand if you're just not feeling this recipe. Maybe the next one! Cheers :) -Sarah

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips