Thursday, May 3, 2012

Spinach Pineapple Banana Smoothie

It's beginning to look a lot like summer!  It's already muggy and uncomfortable in DC which leaves me wanting to eat all my meals in iced, liquid form.

A couple weeks ago, I made this berry spinach smoothie, and after that, I couldn't stop putting spinach in every smoothie!

This time, I tried it with banana and pineapple.  The pineapple is sweet enough that you don't need to add any extra sweeteners.  It's so simple and delicious.  It's the perfect summertime snack to sip on while sitting out on the deck.

SPINACH PINEAPPLE BANANA SMOOTHIE
1 big handful spinach
1 banana
1 heaping cup pineapple
1/2 c. milk
ice*

*Use ice, if you are using only fresh fruit.  If some or all of your fruit is frozen, you can omit this.
1.  Load up your blender, spinach first.  Blend until smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips