Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Asparagus Orange Salad

Ok, so I'm not going to "teach" you how to make a salad.  I know you're smarter than that.  You can figure out for yourself how to put lettuce in a bowl.  But I will show you this picture of a delicious salad I made with asparagus, mandarin oranges, dried cranberries, sesame sticks, and almonds.

I will let you in on one little tip though: blanch the asparagus for just a couple of minutes before adding them to your salad.  (A "couple" in my dictionary means 2.)  This salad combination was perfect for someone that doesn't really like salads much and prefers to have something with a little more substance.  Notice how you can barely find a piece of lettuce in that bowl!  (I topped it with a parmesan vinaigrette.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips