Friday, April 3, 2015

Happy Hour: The Guilty O.J. Cocktail

I don't really like the name of this drink.  I don't feel guilty for putting a little Malibu in my OJ from time to time and I don't like the implication that I should feel guilty.  But that's what it's called, so oh well.

Normally, I'm not much of a rum person, but Malibu falls more into the juice category than the liquor category in taste, so I can make an exception when it's mixed with more juice.
In less than 2 months, Austin and I will be heading off on our honeymoon and we'll hopefully be making our way to the beach at least once.  This drink, warm sand, a floppy sun hat and the crashing waves?  Yeah, that sounds perfect.

I guess we'll have to find some more room for Malibu in the teardrop!
GUILTY O.J.
1 1/2 oz. Malibu rum
4 oz. orange juice
grenadine
2 maraschino cherries

1.  Fill a collins glass with ice.  Pour Malibu and orange juice over the top and stir to combine.

2.  Slowly pour in a little bit of grenadine (to your taste).  It will sink to the bottom.

3.  Top with 2 crushed cherries.  Stir before drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips