Monday, October 17, 2011

Apple Crisp

Tomorrow, I am going to New Jersey to meet my parents and sisters and then Sunday morning we are going on to Kenya for a safari!  I have been looking forward to this for a year and a half now still can't quite believe that it's here.

I think I have everything packed up and ready to go.  I'm sure I forgot something, but hopefully it's not too important.  

So, I apologize in advance for the posts that will not be coming your way for 2 weeks - but stay tuned because I promise it will be worth the wait!

But before I go, I wanted to give you something sweet :)

APPLE CRISP

6-8 Apples - peeled, cored and sliced
1/4 c. Water
Salt
1 stick Butter
1 c. Sugar
1 c. Flour
1 tsp. Cinnamon

1.  Place apples in 9x13" casserole.  Pour water over top and lightly salt.
2.  Melt butter.  Add sugar, flour, and cinnamon.  Stir gently with a fork until crumbles form.
3.  Cover apples with crumble mixture.
4.  Bake at 350˚ for about 30 minutes.

*I make mine with extra crisp on top (since that's the best part anyway!), and it tends to take longer than 30 minutes to cook up (more like 45).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips